Sunday, April 5, 2009

Two sticks and some string.


I've been knitting a lot lately and I've recently bought a LOT of yarn. (In my defense, it was on sale and it is sooooo beautiful.) I also just got Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's Free Range Knitter through interlibrary loan, and it is cracking me up. I've already read two of her other books and I love her quirky style. I read and laugh, read and laugh, and then go knit. Here's a quote from Free Range Knitter that got me going. Stephanie on (not) living alone:

"I harbor a suspicion that I am tidy (inasmuch as I am tidy), organized (same thing), and behaving properly (going to work) only because I have other people living around me who would hold me accountable or phone someone if I gave into my natural urges to drink nothing but coffee and wine, eat nothing but chocolate and wasabi peas, and do nothing but sit around knitting in my underpants while watching old movies." (Free Range Knitter, page 32.)

OMG. THAT IS ME. I laughed so hard because that quote is exactly me. When my parents go to the Cape for the weekend and/or I am left to my own devices, I go a little weird. Plus, I love coffee, wine, chocolate, wasabi peas, and knitting. It is totally within the realm of possibility.

Stephanie's blog is more of the same amazingness. It is nice to know that I am not alone!

Ex libris,

Marissa

No comments: