Monday, January 19, 2009

Books into television programs.


So I am having the laziest weekend ever (not counting shoveling snow while my dad is away in Vermont). I am committing the sin of SLOTH. I love it.
On the advice of Michelle and Eileen, my library girlz, I checked out season 1 of "Dexter." Oh my gracious, it is amazing. I am so into it. I think my mom is concerned that I'm salivating over a serial killer, but I have been known to have questionable taste in the past. But did you know that the show is based on Jeff Lindsay's Darkly Dreaming Dexter? I have the book checked out but I haven't read it yet (too busy watching the show). I wonder if it's going to be a let down or even better than the show. I am a believer that the book is always better than the movie, and I am interested to see if the same goes for TV shows. However, is it worth it to read now that I know what will happen (mostly)? Should I treat it as a readalong and read, then watch? I'm halfway through the season. I have so many books that I want to read, and I don't have Jeff Lindsay's book high on the list, but should this book trump the others since I am watching the show?

Maybe I am overthinking this...

Showtime's website for "Dexter"


Ok, I'm going to read the book. From the synopsis on the website for the book it seems that it is going to be good! Thanks, blog, for letting me work it out in your virtual pages.

Ex libris,

Marissa

No comments: