Monday, December 3, 2012

Do you remember September?

It is a universal truth that I'm not the best blogger. I am busy or I forget. Looking at the blog archive, I realize I didn't post in September this year. I could be tricky and backdate this post, but let's pretend it's September. What was I doing in September?
I visited my Aunt Marcy in early September. In addition to being all-around cool, she's an author and illustrator. Her story "Runaway Blue" was in Highlights magazine in 2010 (alas, they used a different illustrator). She's going to hit it crazy big one day with her art and writing, I know it. If you are a publisher and you have somehow found this blog, contact her immediately (just click on her name). You won't be sorry!
I went to the Goshen Fair in Goshen, CT with my friend Andrea. I love fairs, but mostly to see the animals. I'm not big on rides, although the occasional Ferris Wheel is ok. I like the sheep best of all (see the fourth book in the list below).
Finally, here are the books I read or listened to in September (that is, I finished them in September): 
  Rabid: A Cultural History of the World's Most Diabolical Virus by Bill Wasik and Monica Murphy
  Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking by Susan Cain
  This Dark Endeavor: The Apprenticeship of Victor Frankenstein by Kenneth Oppel
  No Idle Hands: The Social History of American Knitting by Anne L. Macdonald
  Erebos by Ursula Poznanski
  Splendors and Glooms by Laura Amy Schlitz


There you have it! Our trip back to September is over. Now back to your regularly scheduled December.

Ex libris,

Marissa

No comments: