Monday, August 3, 2009

Something to ponder.

mindbump suggested by Spelling Search

"What would you do if the internet disappeared tomorrow? Are we becoming too dependent on the internet for our information and social interactivity?"


I was intrigued by this blog prompt and decided to share. If the Internet disappeared tomorrow, I feel like contact with others would dry up. Sure, we have telephones and addresses, but the Internet is a convenient way to stay in touch, and I feel like losing the Internet would be very isolating. On the flip side, it would be so freeing. Imagine just using your computer to type a document or edit photos! No constantly checking email or Facebook. I know I am very dependent on the Internet. It's how I go to school, for heaven's sake. But not having people expecting you to be always available...ahhh.

Ex libris,

Marissa

No comments: