Thursday, July 17, 2008

Bibliomania.


I sit here basking in the aftereffects of The House of Paper by Carlos Maria Dominguez. My friend Ketti recommended this one to me, and I'm thrilled that she did. Here is a book-- a small book of only about one hundred pages-- that explores the lengths of bibliomania and how books can be destructive to one's self. That is a boring sentence I just wrote and does not do the book any sort of justice whatsoever, but I am so taken by the book that I can't even write about it. Here is a review from Fine Books & Collections magazine that gives a better summary than I could. Clearly there is a reason why I am not a book reviewer by profession. :)

"To build up a library is to create a life. It's never just a random collection of books." from The House of Paper by Carlos Maria Domiguez, page 35.

Ex libris,

Marissa

1 comment:

Gramma Jean said...

I love the comment about building a library is creating live, never just a random collection of books. Books are such personal reflections of the owners!
Bravo,
Mom